Most Popular DVD Ripping Freeware and Download Link
Gone those days when we used to buy DVDs of our choice and stack it up for collection. Now a days, hard drives (internal and/or external) are getting so affordable that most of us choose to rather have our movies collected as soft copy. There's multiple benefits of it too. You don't have to create space for the DVDs, you don't have to carry all or few of them when you are going to a friends house and watch it on the big screen. So we copy the DVD movie onto our hard drive and carry a single hard drive with us. Now, this method is called DVD Ripping. Where you rip the DVDs into your chosen file format (i.e.: MP4, AVI, MKV, VOB, etc.). Most Popular DVD Ripping Freeware and Download Link
From my own experience, not all DVD Ripping software are good or provide a desired output. The ones that do, costs us few to several bucks. After a bit of research, I have found this software which does what exactly we need to Rip and Store our DVDs as computer/device playable file format without spending a dime. That popular DVD Ripping Freeware is called Handbrake.
Handbrake is an Open-Source software that is been developed by a community of developers throughout the world and the source code is covered by the GNU General Public License, version 2. A copy of which is included with every release in the copying file.
- Title / Chapter selection
- Queue up multiple encodes
- Chapter Markers
- Subtitles (VobSub, Closed Captions CEA-608, SSA, SRT)
- Constant Quality or Average Bitrate Video Encoding
- Support for VFR, CFR and VFR
- Video Filters: Deinterlacing, Decomb, Detelecine, Deblock, Grayscale, Cropping and scaling
- Live Video Preivew
- Built-in presets for common devices
- File Containers: MP4(M4V) and MKV
- Video Encoders: H.264(x264), MPEG-4 and MPEG-2 (libav), or Theora(libtheora)
- Audio Encoders: AAC, CoreAudio AAC/HE-AAC (OS X Only), MP3, Flac, AC3, or Vorbis
- Audio Passthru: AC-3, DTS, DTS-HD, AAC and MP3 tracks
- Mac and
- Ubuntu Linux
Pros: Most Popular DVD Ripping Freeware and Download Link
- Most of all, it is absolutely free
- Simple interface for any level of users to get their job done
- Multi platform of OS is supported
- Built-in presets for out-of-the-box operation
- Custom presets to fit the need of individuals
- Website contains descriptive User Manual (Link: Handbrake User Manual)
- Downloadable source code for developers to contribute
Cons: Most Popular DVD Ripping Freeware and Download Link
- Only outputs MP4 / M4V and MKV file formats
- For older computers, ripping takes a significant amount of time
- Can not rip DVDs with copy protection/encryption.
- May be too simple as an application
Download Links: For Windows, Mac and Ubuntu
I personally have been using this software to rip my DVDs and store in my external HDD to play on my TV. If you happen to find it confusing at the beginning, please feel free to post a comment with your question and I'll be happy to help you out.
If you have DVDs which are copy protected please let me know, I may have a solution for you handy.
Thank you for reading !! Most Popular DVD Ripping Freeware and Download Link
Latest posts by Shaikh Imran (see all)
- 15 Cool Pop-up Plugins for WordPress - October 10, 2013
- 15 Best Ways to Download YouTube Videos for Free - October 9, 2013
- Google Adsense CPC, CPM, CTR and Keywords and How to use them - October 8, 2013